Sierra Trading Post
Sierra Trading Post has a some great deals on fall items right now. Remember that they regularly issue 35% - 45% discount codes, usually once a week, but at least a few times a month. Just sign up for their “DealFlyer” newsletter and you’ll be alerted when they drop. I haven’t adjusted the prices below to reflect those discounts, but you can see there are some good deals to be had if you’re patient.
- HS&M quilted jacket ($132) and J.G. Glover tweed jacket ($202): I haven’t handled these in person, but these seem like they could make for nice fall-season jackets. Note that previous discount codes haven’t worked on the quilted jacket, possibly because it’s on clearance. Reviews also say it fits slim.
- Johnstons of Elgin cashmere scarves ($70): I’m a big fan of these once they go on sale. I find the solid light-grey goes with almost anything.
- Smartwool baselayers ($52): These are incredibly useful in cold climates. Smartwool makes well-made, affordable baselayers that are popular among hikers, campers, and outdoorsmen. I wear mine in Moscow underneath heavy sweaters and thick outerwear. I recommend them even if you don’t have to go through such harsh winters, however. They could pay for themselves by just helping you save on the heating bill.
- Trickers boots ($472.50): Expensive, but nice boots. Perfect for fall, though easier to swallow once you get one of those 45% off codes.
- Lambourne corduroys ($109.50): I haven’t tried these myself, but reviews of them on the various menswear forums have been good. Potentially a nice pick-up if you don’t already have a pair of corduroys.
- Tretorn canvas sneakers ($32.86): Not necessarily a fall item, but perhaps something for next summer. Navy would work well underneath a pair of casual khaki chinos.