Some things to note about a lovely outfit from Andrew in Atlanta:
- The weight of the trousers (and their sizable cuffs) is consonant with the blanket-weight coat and its large, bold pattern.
- Similarly, heavy wingtips stand up to the weight of the pants and their cuffs.
- The tie pattern is different enough from the coat pattern (and simple enough) that they do not compete for attention.
- The square adds a bit more color without being demanding (or matching the tie).
- The coat, despite its weight, has a lovely shape without being tight. Note the graceful waist suppression.
This is what fall should look like.