Tons of stores are having their end-of-season promotions right now. And while the discounts will get deeper in the coming weeks, you’ll likely be fighting for size XXXS jackets and 18E shoes. If you’re actually looking to get something in your size, in the color you want, now is the time to browse. Here are five shops I think are particularly worth a look:
- Unionmade: One of our favorite stores for workwear, heritage brands, and Japanese imports. Earlier this season, they split their store into “base” and “studio” labels, the second of which is on sale right now at 30% off. That includes brands such as Blue Blue Japan (great for indigo lovers), Chimala (a personal favorite for vintage-inspired workwear), and Eidos (some nice collaboration slip-ons there with Barbanera, pictured above). The sale section also has some previous-season merch marked down 50%. Note that all sales are final.
- Alpha Shadows: A London-based shop I’ve been really into lately. Lots of stuff that’s interesting, but wearable, and takes inspiration from vintage militaria and camping gear. I like the Eastlogue zip-up field jacket, A Vontade utility pants, and Fujito Cordura carryall bags (last of which is pictured above). The rest of the store is also worth a browse if you want to get lost looking at cool stuff.
- Mr. Porter: The menswear megastore, carrying everything from Margaret Howell to Camoshita to Kapital (Camoshita’s cotton sweater pictured above). They recently made their second round of price cuts, so now things are discounted as much as 70% off. For some reason, not all the brands on sale are listed in designers section, so browse around and filter for sizes. You’re much more likely to land on a good, serendipitous find that someone accidentally passed over. With free shipping and returns, trying something is also risk free.
- End: One of the only stores with an inventory that rivals Mr. Porter’s. They just put nearly 8,000 items on sale, marked down as low as 50% off. ArkAir has some cool military-styled parkas hovering around $200; Orslow’s 107 fit jeans are a favorite of mine lately (slim tapered, and you can see them on our friend Gerry); and Zespa is nice if you want something a little different from Common Projects. I also wish this Junya floral shirt, pictured above, was still available in my size (they run slim, so you’ll want to size up).
- East Dane: Lastly, East Dane is offering an extra 25% off sale items with the checkout code SCORE17. The deals here can get really good, although you have to sort through some chaff. For contemporary casualwear, I like brands such as Our Legacy, Lemaire, and Tomorrowland. Atelier de l’Armee is great for bags, one of which is pictured above, and Drake’s ties are available for just under $75 with the coupon code.
For more sales roundups, subscribe to our Inside Track newsletter. We send out an email every Saturday to subscribers, which not only has a full eBay roundup, but also a list of that week’s best sales.