East Dane is having a sale this week, where you can take 30% off almost everything in their store (including sale items). Just use the code INTHEFAM when checking out. Some notable items I found while browsing the site last night.
- Outerwear: This Billy Reid peacoat was made famous by one of the more modern Bond films. It admittedly looks better in other product photos, when they don’t button the jacket all the way up to the top. You can find a more affordable version here in grey. Also great: Stutterheim raincoats, Apolis chore jackets, Penfield parkas, and a single, lonely Mackintosh. If you want to check out Mackintosh raincoats in other sizes, head to J. Crew, where they have some on deep sale with the checkout code TIMETOSHOP.
- Shirts: Nice selection of basics from Gitman Vintage, as well as a fun “vacation shirt” from Monitaly. If you’re up for a splurge, Chimala makes really great chambrays. They’re pre-distressed, but in a good way and have details that are hard to appreciate in those photos.
- Knitwear: I’ve always liked Patrik Ervell’s “pocket sweaters,” which have a slightly droopy pocket detail. If you normally wear a size extra-small, there’s also this SNS Herning fisherman sweater (note they run very slim, so people usually size up).
- Shoes: Good prices on Loake’s 1880 shoes (which is their premium Goodyear welted line), as well as Quoddy’s mocs and Tretorn’s sneakers. These suede chukkas look like they could be a great, versatile shoe – going just as well with casualwear as they would with a sport coat. Add a waterproofing spray and you’ll also have a nice pair of rainboots. Billy Reid also has an interesting suede slip-on, although I don’t know if I’d pay ~$200 for it after-discount.
- Accessories: A nice selection of ties and pocket squares from Drake’s, as well as a ton of bags from Porter, Master Piece, and JW Hulme. For gloves, check out Hestra.