Mr. Porter just made their second round of price drops. Select seasonal items are now up to 70% off, although most things are still hovering around 40 – 60%. We may see another round of discounts before fall, but don’t expect stock to last long. The online retailer is just too popular, which means things sell out here sooner than other places.
Some things I like:
- Outerwear: A funky channel quilted jacket and wool field coat from Aspesi; ripstop anorak from Battenwear; twin-track jacket from Private White VC (designed to wear slim over a shirt, but also zip out a little bigger to fit over a sweater); and shearling collar jacket from Rocky Mountain Featherbed
- Shoes: Lots of solid heritage-y shoes from the Quoddy, Red Wing, and Yuketen; sneakers from Our Legacy and Common Projects, and Chelsea boots from RM Williams
- Niche Japanese and American Workwear: A good selection of workwear-y brands, such as Chimala, RRL, Kapital, Blue Blue Japan, Neighborhood, and Levi’s Vintage Clothing. I like Chimala for their pre-distressed details (which are done tastefully, I promise), Blue Blue Japan for indigo stuff, and RRL and Levi’s Vintage Clothing for generally wearable, rugged styles.
- Affordable Brands: Check Gant Rugger, Alex Mill, and Gitman Vintage for shirts; Converse and Nike for sneakers; and Levi’s Made & Crafted for jeans.
- Accessories: See Drake’s and Rubinacci for ties and pocket squares; Begg for scarves; Brooks England for backpacks and cycling stuff; and Ebbets Field Flannels for baseball caps.
Another good way to browse the sale: go through each of their categories and filter by sizes. You may miss some of the niche Japanese brands, since those often require you to size up one – if not two – sizes, but you’ll come across things you may have never considered.